How To Open The Chrysler 200 Fuel Filler Door
If you are having trouble opening the fuel filler door on your Chrysler 200: you are not alone. In fact, opening the fuel filler door is a commonly-searched-for topic for any Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, or Ram vehicle.
Luckily, the solution is simple: just press the fuel filler door firmly in the rear-center region and the door should spring open. But don’t be ashamed if you spent a long while looking for them—we did too!
If you would like more details, see our easy step-by-step guide below:
- Make sure your Chrysler 200 is stationary and securely in “park” mode. If you have a manual transmission, be sure to engage the parking brake.
- Turn off the engine.
- Exit the vehicle and locate the fuel filler door on the passenger side of the vehicle.
- Near the edge closest to the rear of the vehicle, press the center of the fuel filler door. The door will then spring open. If you are having trouble opening the fuel filler door in snowy or icy conditions, break away the ice and snow until the fuel filler door springs open.
- Turn the fuel filler cap counterclockwise to loosen.
- Fill your Chrysler 200 with the appropriate amount of fuel.
- Replace the fuel filler cap and turn clockwise to tighten until you hear the cap click. If you do not fully tighten your fuel filler cap, the check engine light will illuminate on your information cluster.
- Close the fuel filler door by gently pushing it back into place.
More information concerning the fuel filler door can be found in your Chrysler 200 owner’s manual. If you need further help, our experienced service technicians are just a phone call away.